The stress alone of having to pick a catchy or clever title has stalled way too many potential projects; too many “Andrew’s super awesome site of awesome!” placeholder names have never been changed.
I’ve never been good at coming up with good names. I don’t even have an interesting online handle. You can find me on almost any service as pariser. Twitter? @pariser. Facebook? facebook.com/pariser. Damn Network Solutions is preventing me from complete domination by keeping pariser.com out of my hands. (Sorry, family.)
This blog was going to happen, and I resolved to give it a reason to exist by coming up with a good title. I’m pretty proud of the name “aware nerd rips.” If you didn’t get it yet, this is an anagram of my full name, and it’s just one of many good choices. Here’s a selection of my favorite anagrams of my name, and the hypothetical projects these anagrams suggest I should start working on ASAP:
- Wanderers Pair – honeymoon planning for backpackers
- Rapider Answer – when I build a faster-than-Google search engine
- Predawn Rears, I – the first of volume of my poetry compilation
- Rarer I Spawned – a study of systematic bias in multiplayer FPS
- New Raider Raps – An Oakland hip-hop discovery blog
- Rearward Penis – (I’ll let you decide what this one is for)
Thanks, Internet Anagram Server. Here begins the Andrew Pariser web-ring.